This refers to information or an opinion about a living person who is
identified or reasonably identifiable, whether or not true and whether
or not recorded in material form.
Kinds of personal informaton we collect and hold
Broadly, we may collect and hold:
- personal details like name, date of birth, and gender
- contact details like physical, postal, work and email addresses and phone numbers
- service-related details like your user name, encrypted password and service usage history, support incidents, esquires and complaints
- other details relating to special situations like specific health
Information if you make any specific requests of us. In any case, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to support our functions and activates. If we cannot collect the information we need about you, we may not be able to supply the products or service you want.
Collecting personal information
Unless it is not reasonable or practicable to do so, and in other cases allowed by law, we will collect personal information about you directly from you (eg when you contact us by phone or online, or at our premises).
In other cases, we may collect personal information about you from:
- publicly available sources like phone books
- other companies in our group that you may have dealt with
- third parties like our business partners, authorized representative/s and wholesalers
- fraud checking agencies
- our referrers, agents, contractors and other representatives that you may deal with
- our websites and how you use them
- various parties listed under Disclosing personal information below.
Holding personal information
We hold personal information in an electronic data base. We take
reasonable steps to keep it secure and to protect it from unauthorized access, use or alteration.
Why we collect and hold personal information
We collect and hold personal information because:
- we may need to use it to operate our business
- we may need to provide it to other parties in connection with our business.
Using personal information
We may use personal information:
- to identify you
- for credit checks
- to prevent fraud
- to supply products (including goods and/or services) to you
- to give you information about us and our products, and product ofers
- for direct marketing – see Direct marketing for details
- to improve our products, our marketing and our website
- to answer your enquiries
- to give you customer support and service
- to better understand your needs and respond to them
- to manage and plan our products and business
- to charge and bill you for products you use
- to collect payment from you
- for other purposes related to the operator of our business.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose personal information as reasonably required:
- to contractors and suppliers who supply or support us in:
- market research, sales and marketing
- direct marketing – see Direct marketing for details
- identity and fraud checking
- credit management
- service provisioning
- installation, maintenance and repairs
- support and complaint management
- communications and mailing
- billing, debt recovery and credit management
- corporate strategy
- legal and regulatory advice and compliance
- accounting and financial planning
- risk management
- otherwise providing goods and services that we use to operate our business and provide products and support to you
- to your authorized representative/s
- if you ask us to do so
- to our referrers, agents, and members of our corporate group
- to our business partners and wholesale suppliers
- to organizations that provide credit or finance to us
- to persons who invest in or acquire all or part of our business or company, or are considering doing so.
We may use and disclose personal information to direct market to you products offered by us, our agents, and members of our corporate group, and our business partners, where we think the offers will be of interest to you, using:
- electronic messaging
- social media
- targeted web content
- other direct marketing channels.
Direct marketing may continue until you opt-out by calling the number in Contacting us even if you are no longer our customer.
Accessing and correcting personal information
Please contact us for these purposes using the details in Contacting us below. We shall process and respond to your request in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 12. There is no charge for making a request but a reasonable administrative charge, on a cost recovery basis, may be payable before we agree to provide access.
If you wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us using the details in Contacting us below. We shall:
- acknowledge your complaint within a reasonable time
- give you an estimated first response time
- allocate your complaint to a suitably senior staff member
- process and respond to your complaint as soon as we reasonably can.
Questions, requests and complaints regarding our Privacy Statement or our compliance with privacy laws should be directed to us by telephone on (03) 9500 2277 or email to email@example.com